RCI Timeshare - RCI Cruise and Resort Vacations
I signed an RCI Cruise and Resort Vacations contract and now I am wishing I never come in contact with it. Be careful, this is an "iron clad contract that you cannot get out of, no matter how disappointed you are in the "products" they are providing.
I was disappointed that cruise upgrades which I was told would be available for free are pretty expensive for the cruises in which I am interested. The hotel option in lieu of the resort part of the vacation is not available outside of the US. The resorts in the US and the very few in Europe are either their lower classes of resorts or way off the beaten path. If you want a resort in Mexico, then the options are pretty good. Of course, you may not feel too safe in Mexico these days, so there is plenty of availability there.
In my attempts to communicate with RCI, my minimum wait time on the phone has been 20 minutes with 30 to 40 minutes being the case on a couple of occasions. Sometimes, as they switched me between departments, the wait cycle would begin all over again. One time after having one of their people leave a message for someone to call me back, the return call never came.
I called RCI to get out of the contract. I was told that after the 10 day rescission period, there is no way out. I was told that I do have not have any legal recourse. I offered to buy my way out of the contract by paying a cancellation fee, still no way. Satisfying a customer does not appear to be one of the corporate tenents of RCI.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "This is not a review, but a truth that needs to be added to the full context of Sundance Vacations and Travel Advantage Network. Whenever a client is unhappy and..."
- "This sleeping bag is horrible,horrible,horrible,horrible the zipper gets snagged and snagged over and over again, doesn't zip, teeth on zipper comes undone and the track is broken and can't mend..."
- "I live in Canada and therefore search for my flights in C$. The site then makes C$ the default. It remembers my previous searches. I wanted to book a multi..."
- "Page 1 of3 People of Ebay TAKE NOTICE the following people have commited Mail Fraud Steve Schiffman and EBAY, that's right, EBAY! 2705 CHAMPLAIN ST APTK OTTAWA IL 61350 United States (815) 434-4083 vintagebasebatlptusschiffman 2705 CHAMPLAIN ST APTK OTTAWA..."
- " I purchased my glasses less than six months ago from a Lens Crafters and paid almost 400 for them. Within a month I noticed a strange foggy pattern that..."
- "Don't fall for the "free seminar". Once there you will be offered to sign up for a 3 day seminar to learn all the secrets to making it big..."
- "After purchasing the Asean Pass I tried to redeem my flight credits on their website, which is the only way you can redeem your credits. There website was having technical..."
- "To start I ordered 2 wigs on Dec 31 by Jan 12th had not heard anything therefore I emailed the company and this is the response I received:Dear Customer, We just..."
- "I bought a dual head propane heater just over a year ago and now it is shooting a three foot flame from the head in my cabinet shop I returned..."