I signed an RCI Cruise and Resort Vacations contract and now I am wishing I never come in contact with it. Be careful, this is an "iron clad contract that you cannot get out of, no matter how disappointed you are in the "products" they are providing.
I was disappointed that cruise upgrades which I was told would be available for free are pretty expensive for the cruises in which I am interested. The hotel option in lieu of the resort part of the vacation is not available outside of the US. The resorts in the US and the very few in Europe are either their lower classes of resorts or way off the beaten path. If you want a resort in Mexico, then the options are pretty good. Of course, you may not feel too safe in Mexico these days, so there is plenty of availability there.
In my attempts to communicate with RCI, my minimum wait time on the phone has been 20 minutes with 30 to 40 minutes being the case on a couple of occasions. Sometimes, as they switched me between departments, the wait cycle would begin all over again. One time after having one of their people leave a message for someone to call me back, the return call never came.
I called RCI to get out of the contract. I was told that after the 10 day rescission period, there is no way out. I was told that I do have not have any legal recourse. I offered to buy my way out of the contract by paying a cancellation fee, still no way. Satisfying a customer does not appear to be one of the corporate tenents of RCI.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Cruise And Resort Vacations
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My Samsonite Pro DLX3 55cm Spinner carry-on luggage was completely useless after its 4th trip within two years. Samsonite customer service is medieval. They simple went silent after I presented..."
- "I purchased a Vegas package several years ago that I never got to use because of the tons of restrictions. Anyways since then I've received calls from them every couple..."
- "Chris offers outstanding customer service. I am an over-the-road trucker, and his services are swift, courteous, optimistic, and friendly. Whenever I needed towels, they were quickly provided. ..."
- "I ordered Stone Outdoor Fireplace which arrived with a broken base. I called Sunjoy Industries at 866-578-6569 four times. Spent more than an hour waiting for a live person...."
- "Purchased Commercial gooseneck lighting for outdoor sign lighting and for my exterior seating area and awning lighting purposes. After 15 days I finally received my order. I ordered all the..."
- "I purchased Hearnotes...the earphones were never made, or if they were I never received. I contacted Indiegogo and they said they have no responsibility but will give me the..."
- "Costumer service is HORRIBLE!!!! I recently ordered 500 business cards and they came back blurry, almost as if they were in 3D. There phones are down and the online chat does..."
- "I ordered 2 dozen roses for my mom that was in ICU and told them how important this was and they delivered wilted roses. I called over 20..."
- "We purchased a five year policy for our KitchenAid refrigerator in October, 2012. After our refrigerator's ice maker stopped working in July, 2016, we had one of AIG's repairmen fix..."