1.5K views

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO PROTECT CONSUMERS FROM RCI, THEY ARE RIPPING PEOPLE A NEW ONE!!!Not only did I have to pay 10,000.00 for the timeshare I've paid a small fortune in fees and Have traveled very few times because they raise the points so high you don't have enough to go anywhere.

The customer service is rude and refuses to help you. I've been hung up on more times by them than I can count.

I had to pay over 800.00 in fees this year to book my vacation.Rip off!

Had an Experience with Rci Timeshare?

Comments

Plenty of families buy timeshares with the expectation that swapping properties with others will allow them to vacation all over the world.This is not often the case, and may be more trouble than it’s worth.

Even if you do have a timeshare worth swapping into, it requires a lot of research into each possible swap location before finalizing your plans. You don’t want to end up swapping to a location that has poor maintenance records, few amenities, and a bad surrounding area.

Unless you join a very active network that has dozens of interested swappers every day, you might find this swapping process difficult and a hassle.This is a good article on how to do a timeshare trade without RCI:

Reston, Virginia, United States #693982

Unless you join a very active network that has dozens of interested swappers every day, you might find this swapping process difficult and a hassle.This is a good article on how to do a timeshare trade without problems:

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #687270

Unless you join a very active network that has dozens of interested swappers every day, you might find this swapping process difficult and a hassle.I reccomend you to read this article about RCI and how to do a timeshare trade:

Now that Wyndham owns RCI will they continue the crooked practice of taking prime time units that have been deposited, and renting them instead of exchanging them!This is my biggest complaint with RCI.

It is not doing it's job!

It's supposed to be a place to exchange timeshares....not rent the best of them out for exorbitant price and leaving the off season ones for exchange!Complete scam!

This is a SCAM!I am so upset that my parents got involved in this.

The "cruise deals" they can offer is the EXACT same cruise deals you can get from other places except they still use your points for the "discount" that you can get elsewhere for free! I have been to two condo's so far and both of them are rundown and outdated! Not to mention the service and yearly fees you have to pay on top of the hefty points packaging.

I am telling everyone, you can get better deals on your own!!!DO NOT BUY RCI!!!

I am really a robot and anything I write is complete script to play along with the rest of the timeshare sales people so we can scam who ever is willing to give us their money and information and then we will completely make your business with us very difficult.

Dont believe me! Believe the hundreds of not only dissatisfied customers but the people who feel they have been ripped off.

Please call me so I can string you along and after I do you will still be upset. Sorry! You can always stop paying us and then we will sell more contracts out regardless if we have enough accomodations to fit our up front paying customers where they would like to be on vacation. Oh and guess what else! We are all very wealthy from scamming our customers and it is very easy for us.

Why you ask do we not care about you? Well its simply we are trying to get rich not be your friend.Of course we lie to you to steal your money, why would we tell you the truth. That wouldnt make you give us your money for years upon years.

to kathleen M #582536

Yep!

they are not affliated or responsible for being part of a vacation giveaway at rosemont illinois golf show; even though we went to a presentation at which their name was very dominate and they quickly cashed the check .lol

Hi Dayna, please allow us the opportunity to address your concerns. It sounds like there might be some confusion between our sister company, Wyndham Vacation Ownership (aka Wyndham Resorts) and our parent company, Wyndham Worldwide.

RCI's parent company, Cendant, split into four separate companies in 2006. As a result of this, RCI and some other former Cendant divisions now comprise the new company, Wyndham Worldwide. To reiterate, Wyndham Resorts, previously called Fairfield Resorts, is our sister company. We realize the similarity of these names may be confusing; however, for the past 6 years, RCI has been owned by Wyndham Worldwide, not Wyndham Resorts. It is important to note Wyndham owners do pay an exchange fee if they use our services.

The concept of trading power is not new - in fact, it has been around for over 20 years. In November 2010, we made trading power visible to our members. We also introduced the ability to combine deposits and receive deposit credits. We did this to give members more options and flexibility in their vacation planning. Deposit Trading Power assigned to a week is based mainly on:

1. Supply, demand, utilization, and classification

2. Size and type of unit

3. How far in advance the week is deposited prior to its start date

4. Comment card scores for your resort

5. Seasonal designation of week deposited

For more information about Deposit Trading Power and the RCI...

-Kathleen M.

RCI Customer Care

RCI used to be independent now the are own by Wyndham Resorts which is a timeshare company!!This seems unethical and a conflict of interest.RCI new trading power system is a scam.

There is no rational reason as to how the trading power points are assign. In order to exchange your week now you pretty much have to combine your weeks to get enough trading power to go somewhere decent. Which means you have to use two weeks and pay almost two exchange fees. It was never like that when RCI was independent and was not owned by Wyndham Resorts.

Wyndham owners do not have to pay an RCI member fee or an exchange fee if they exchange to a Wyndham resort.I have been a member of RCI for well over a decade.

I will not be a member after my membership expires unless they change this unfair trading power.I know they have a lot of members that feel the same way I do.