Peoria, Arizona

RCI SUCKS! On our first reservation we tried to do a simple hotel booking through them and they royally screwed it up. We had requested a 2 bedroom suite in Peoria, Arizona at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. On the site it said 2 bedroom with 1 king but did not mention what the other rooms bed configuration was. We weren't sure if that meant 1 king in each room or 1 king total so we called RCI to confirm. The agent said yes but to make sure she would do a three way call directly to the hotel to confirm. The hotel confirmed the room configuration as we had wanted which was 1 king in each room along with a queen sleeper sofa. My parents and another couple, all seniors, were to occupy the room. We asked the RCI agent if we could book the room over the phone and she directed us to the website.

My parents and the other senior couple got to the hotel only to find that the reservation was in fact a 1 bedroom suite with a sofa sleeper pullout. COMPLETELY unacceptable. We called RCI to try and rectify the problem and were told that because the reservation was done online they take no responsibility for the booking. We said that their own agent confirmed the booking and they replied that there was no phone log records of our call. Not only are they a ripoff but they are also liars.

DO NOT BOOK WITH RCI! In fact, timeshares and exchanges in general are a ripoff and I will NEVER join another timeshare through the horrible experience I have had. After having spoken with a timeshare resale service I have come to find out that you can get better deals, most of the time, outside of a timeshare account. Never again......

Product or Service Mentioned: Rci Timeshare Holiday Inn Express And Suites Room Booking.

Reason of review: All of the above.

Comments

#1199858

They won't give refunds. They always try to talk you into a discount or credit to your plan.

I'm like ok i want to go to Arizona....they say ok because you're such a great customer we're going to give you two other trips you can go. So I'm like okay then after they're talking for 20 minutes you realized that Arizona is not part of the trip you have to pay at least three to six hundred dollars more to add Arizona to the the Vegas trip and Branson trip and Florida trip it is a crock of ***. Stay away from these people.

And here I am four years later still trying to get a refund. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!!

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. RCI provides an exchange program for owners of vacation time who wish to trade for other locations and/or travel dates.

We provide access to RCI Travel which is operated by a third party vendor. We would be very pleased to have the opportunity to further investigate the situation you describe if you would be kind enough to provide us with your RCI ID number and your full name to talktous@rci.com.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Jeff S.

RCI Customer Care

@Anonymous

While your response "sounds" very helpful my experience with your company has bourne out otherwise. Speaking with your company to try and "rectify" the issue only leads to more frustration as was mentioned in a previous review.

Your companies bait and switch tactics are deplorable and, again, I consider your company a criminal enterprise. Unfortunately I am bound to your companies abusive policies so I have to accept the fact that I was duped by some very professional *** artists.

@Anonymous

RCI is a fee factory. I now use VRBO for vacations because its cheaper than a RCI membership with all the multiple fees associated with it.

Im talking about the membership fees, transfer fees, combine points fees, maintenence fees, just because we are RCI fees.

You are charged a extra fee if you book with a RCI rep and not online. They will fee you to death!

Rci Timeshare Reviews