9998 N Michigan Rd, Carmel, IN 46032, USA

I have been with RCI for many years and well, the booking costs keep going up like everything else and the resorts at primetime are fewer and fewer. But, honestly have had some good vacations with some of their resorts.

However, I recently used their RCI Travel website to book a hotel at a so called discount using my travel rewards. By the time they add on the service fees and taxes, I was looking at an additonal 68% increase. So still not bad compared to other websites. So went ahead and booked it but did not realize that it was in US funds.

Well everything I pay for through RCI is always in Cdn. dollars since I live in Canada. And with us paying 35 cents on the dollar that makes a big difference. So I quickly realized this and within 5 minutes called them to cancel it out and explained my error.

They would not help me in any way. It was a no cancellation hotel price which, again I understand but I just made a clumsy mistake a few minutes ago and just wanted to pick one that was not so expensive. The customer service rep would not forward me to a supervisor because she said my problem did not warrant it. What the heck.

She was of no help at all and got testy with me. No sympathy at all. I then called RCI Resorts and asked to speak to a supervisor with the same sort of response, only he told the rep that he could not do anything and to call the RCI Travel Dept. supervisor.

Just such an awful experience all around.

I haven't taken the hotel yet, so hope it is worth it all. Decided it was not going to ruin my time away but certainly won't be dealing with RCI Travel again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rci Timeshare Room Booking.

Comments