I went in on RCI's website and it was to good to be true. No problem just booked and site said reservation approved.

No charge except a friend was going with me so paid $69 fee for her. Printed reservation, bought a plane ticket for $500 and off we went to Hardrock resort in Punta Cana DR. Boy I thought all the negative reviews were not true. This was too easy!

Took a cab from airport to resort. Beautiful hotel what a deal. When we drove up in the cab we were greeted by a greeter and.....guess what...we were not on the list of reservations, but never fear we could stay for a mere $3000 per person. Needless to say we didn't stay there but after a lot of effort I managed to find a clean, safe and reasonable condo.

It was too much for my friend so she flew home the next day but I stuck it out and our wonderful landlord and neighbors took me to the grocery store and took me around to see some of the sights. I managed to salvage a nice little reasonable trip and met some really nice people and the trip was not a total loss for me, but that was no thanks to RCI. Now I do believe all the negative things being said about RCI. It is a giant rip off.

I am through with them. I can do much better planning my own trips and I check out everything on TRIP ADVISOR which is a reliable site and I don't need to be ripped off by RCI. They should be ashamed to run such a shabby and unethical business. I hope this review warns people and they avoid the "trap".

If anyone knows how to or where to report RCI to help others from getting stuck in this same trap you can email me at Happi74111@hotmail.com and be sure and put in the subject line RCI COMPLAINT and I will try and get a group together to maybe make RCI accountable for what they are doing to people. At least I did find a nice place to stay.

I can put you in touch with these people. A nice2 bedroom condo is only $800 week.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rci Timeshare Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Room Booking.

Reason of review: reservation not honored.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Rci Timeshare Cons: Empty promises, Website deceptive.

Comments

Im interested to hear what did RCI have to say about this.

Rci Timeshare Reviews