Sparta, Illinois

We also have a maintence block on our points, I too tried to call to get ittaken care of but had no luck. At least now I know what the story is Rci did not let on to me that they knew anything about this. I will call to let them know that I am not pleased. I can not believe that an place like RCI would let people go over to a place like that I have not been their in years so I did not know what was going on with my points, maybe I can sell it or something or just hang the contract on the wall as a reminder haha

Had an Experience with Rci Timeshare?

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #677276

At Xanadu, they are all crooks.I went and tried to talk to them and they tried to sell me a two bed room.

I have a one bed room which I refused to pay any additional fees. I had someone sell me their time share at Xanadu, and they knew quite well that it was no good. The transaction was never processed as it didn't completely go through. They are nothing but thieves and as much as I like the Bahamas, I am disappointed that they will allow people to get scam like this.

Same people. I visited and the guy tried to tell me he was a pastor. So what... Ms.

Nellie Forbes is a scam.She knows exactly whats going on, and refused to do the right thing.

tbone2s
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #613460

The Xanadu Beach Resort is nothing but a bunch of crooks. We bought less than 10 years ago a 30 year vacation package. We were getting points every other year and have utilized RCI every time we have used them. Our purchase of our points for 30 years has been paid for in full and now I am being told that we no longer have them! Isn't that considered theft? This is something that we have a signed contract on and is paid for in full! We have never been able to get in contact with anyone from Xanadu and have tried dozens of times. We were also informed that we no longer have points for use although they are paid for in full. If there are any attorneys out there, it looks as if there are numbers of people just like me out there and it sounds like we have a strong case.

If anyone has email addresses, phone numbers, or any way of getting in contact with someone from Xanadu, please pass it on. Reply to this post to my email. I will be contacting an attorney myself.

Thank you.

BobbiandDave13
to tbone2s Portland, Oregon, United States #615080

We have been successfully emailing the VP of Operations at Xanadu (sometimes)TyroneThurston@hotmail.com.His phone #1-242-352-3462.

We wrote letters to Mario Donato, the owner, Mr. Thurston, Nellie Forbes and no one replied. The letter addressed to the Resort came back to us about 10 months later, undeliverable. Isn't that a legal indication, that they don't exist or something?

But they keep taking our maintenance fees and we get nothing in return!

Nothing but harrassment!The stress is killing me!

carol june
Merrillville, Indiana, United States #613047

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF ANYONE IS FILING A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THIS XANADU SITUATION--PAY DOUBLE MAINTENANCE FEES FOR WHAT?PLACE IS ONE BIG DUMP AND WE GOT SCEWED AND ARE SUPPOSED TO PAY TO STAY AT HIS OTHER 2 DUMPS!!!!!

NO THANKS--SO FILE A SUIT AND I AM IN!!!

SO IF SOMEONE POSTS HERE I WILL GIVE MY EMAIL.THANKS!

to carol june Atlanta, Georgia, United States #613449

Love to file class action suit against Zanadu. Can you tell me what is involved (cash and info) to file. I and a friend of mine who also purchased at Zanadu would be ver interested.

bones396
Trenton, New Jersey, United States #612903

Dear Mr. Thurston,

My name is Virginia Salerno, I have had a Studio Suite, at Zanadu Vacation Club since 2002 . I would like to know what is going on. Zanadu has been up for sale for quite some time now. I owe nothing on my Suite, as I paid for it in full. It was purchased -- because, I loved the site, and Studio Suite. I will NOT have my credit ruined, because Zanadu is being sold.. (1) I was not informed by Zanadu -- that I could not use my points anymore. I called RCI, to use my points, and, was informed by RCI Travel that you --(Zanadu Vacation Club) was no longer Affiliated with RCI, because-- of RCI receiving bad reports, from vacationers staying -- at the Zanadu Vacation Club site. (2) Also; Zanadu was put up for sale without my knowledge. The reason I purchased a Studio Suite at Zanadu, was to vacation at times with my family. Since I cannot sell this Unit (at this time) -- an investment of $5,950.00 for a Studio Suite, at Zanadu Vacation Club. I would think Zanadu would at least pay me all or part of my investment. I don't feel that I am liable for the outrages Maintenance fee, of $500.00, on the Zanadu Vacation Club, that is in the process of being sold.

I have called, Conrad Acceptance Corporation (760.735.5000) concerning and disputing this months payment, of $500.00.. I will Not have my credit ruined because of non-payment. I was told to contact you, Mr. Tyrone Thurston, on the situation with the Zanadu Vacation Club and sale...

At the time of my purchase at Zanadu, a friend of mine Camille Dischler, also purchased; and is also disgusted and disappointed, by the way Zanadu handling the whole situation. I have been informed of many people, not aware of the Sale of Zanadu, and your disassociation with the RCI Travel club. Furthermore because of a past mishap, I had to add my son in law Stephen Bowen to my RCI account to communicate for me to RCI, because being 83 years old and having high blood pressure it was very difficult for me to handle all the phone calls, Stress and Frustration from calling your resort caused me, (not to mention the cost of mine & my son in law’s phone bill’s we spent over 8 to 10 hours of trying to resolve the problem caused by your resorts error) one year about 4 years ago you informed RCI that I was not listed in your system even though I was paid in full for all the years fee’s and maintenance so they disallowed me from making any travel plans, I therefore was unable to plan a trip that year and was very disappointed.

Thank you, in advance, for your prompt reply and considerations -- in this most important matter. I look foreword to hearing from you. Please note my new address below, for correspondence through regular mail.

This was the response are they kidding or what were all baying into a bankruptcy or whatever, our letters should be directed to a consulate or a representative from the island or the country that is responsible for it. as well as a law suit for their years of negligence to their CUSTOMERS AND THEIR MONEY FLOW FROM US !!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning Ms. Salerno,

Your e-mail of February 11th. 2013 was received with thanks. RCI discontinued its relationship with Zanadu Beach Resort, and it was closed for renovation. During the period of closure, we continue to meet our contractual obligation to all of our timeshare owners in good financial standing, by providing alternative accommodations at our local sister hotel, Royal Islander. The resort will reopen in the not too distant future. In the interim, all timeshare owners are expected to continue making their annual maintenance fee payment.

Regards.

Tyrone Thurston

I'm a owner of Xanadu Vacation Club since 2000.I have being there twice.

First time was ok, but by the second time I should have known that something was very wrong. As i'm sitting reading these postings i'm convinced that there was always a red flag. On my last visit the place was unattended and deteriorated. I recently received my maintenance fee; to my surprise it went up with no previous notice!!

can't talk to no one. Conrad does not offer any answers and I can not get Tyron Thurston on the phone. first a lady answer and told us she did not know what I was talking about then when I called back the following day I asked for Tyron as if I was his friend, he got on the phone and pretended that it was a bad connection and he could not hear me. Please include me in any class action lawsuit.

I'll appreciate it.My email address is islowcome@aol.com

I'm a owner of Xanadu Vacation Club since 2000.I have being there twice.

Please include me in any class action lawsuit.I'll appreciate it.

I am extremely disappointed with Xanadu.RCI has always been wonderful with booking my vacations but it seems Xanadu has terminated that contract.

I guess I will start working with my attorney here in Atlanta to see what we can do.

I am asking everyone I know not to ever purchase a Timeshare outside the U.S.Not a good idea at all.

to Currie Phoenix, Arizona, United States #587351

Ok so I am just finding out about all of this.My annual maintenance dues are comng up on Feb 2013 and I am paid to date, but to what????

A closed, broken down hotel??? I just called RCI to book a vacation only for them to tell me I am no longer a member?! No notice from anyone and to contact Xanadu (yep no able to as all the numbers I can find are disconnected) Did send an email to this talktous@rci.com. We shall see what i get in responce.

I don't want to pay my fees but don't want to get a lien on my home like the other lady said. This just sucks all around!!!! I sent you an email too dana S.

Hope together we can find out what we can do?